[ic] What database should I use

Ulf Holt interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Apr 8 02:00:01 2002

I am not very deep into databases, and as far as I know, most people use MySQL for IC, but some of my friends tell me that postgresql is better and more reliable. I know just enough about MySQL to crate a database and give a user access (hope I don't give to much accesss - is there anything I must do to prevent external users to get access to the database?), but I know nothing about postgresql. So far I am just playing around trying to learn how to us IC, but later on I will go online, so I have to concider reliability, backup etc.

Cheers

Ulf Holt