[ic] Please!!!

Andrew Lietzow interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Apr 8 08:40:01 2002

Dear Joachim,
I'll be glad to try to provide help but I'm still in the early stages with
RH IC.  I am gaining
on the knowledge base quickly, but I am confused by your post.   You appear
to need help, evidenced by your "Please!!!" statement, but I don't find a
question
in this posting.  (See below).  What am I missing?

While "Netiquette" is important to me, it is even more important to me that
get the applications working for myself, and eventually for my clients.
Unfortunately,
a list where you get advice at no charge is probably going to put some
higher
expectations on the one making the post in order to shorten the amount of
time
it takes to get on to the next person's question.  And the one after that,
and the
one after that... This means it will take longer than you would like to get
the application
up and running.

If it's urgent, you may simply have to purchase some support time.  That's
my take on
this method of receiving technical support via mailing lists... You have to
drop your
expectations a bit because those who develop the applications have to find
new
sources of revenue.  I am having to learn C++, Perl, CGI AND RH-IC all at
the same time
and this is the trade off for the business decision to install open source
software.

There are no free lunches and I am certain you are aware of this.

Good luck!!!  Send your question again and maybe someone can help you.

Andrew Lietzow
The ACL Group, Inc.