[ic] Gift Certificates

Mon Apr 8 13:58:01 2002

At 09:35 AM 04/08/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>Dear Ed,
>
>I implemented a Gift Cert system also, a little differently.  The problem
>I'm running into that disallows production use of this system is being able
>to decrement the [total-cost] variable.  I was trying using the [discount]
>tag to "redeem" the certificate, which only allows modification of the
>[subtotal].  How are you doing this part?
>
>Thank you,
>
>Russell

Russell -

I don't, really. Total cost is the sum of subtotal + shipping + handling +
salestax. I apply the credit to each of these in turn via using the
[assign] tag, until the cert value has been consumed or they have all been
reduced to zero. Total cost just becomes a 'report' of the net effect at
that point.

- Ed L.