[ic] table-editor/username help needed ???

Alma Nuker interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Apr 8 22:37:00 2002

  Hi list;

I am trying to do few things but I am having some difficulties.

This is what I am trying to do:

1. I have search box where you enter customer_id or some other info and
you get list of customers, where customer id is link to another page
that will display more details.

so far so good, that all works fine.

2. Next you can clik on customer name and it will bring you to
table-editor page where you can edit some customer info.

that is working fine to. I can edit info, save them to db no problems.

3.Here is my problem. I am now trying to enter some info in the form.
All values that are saved in db are already visible on form. The only
thing that I am missing is username.

I tried everything but I can not reteive username.

All other info such as fname,lname, address,zip,company etc are there
only I am missing my username.

I tried something like:

<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="username"  VALUE="[data session username]">
nothing filed is empty.

I tried something like [value mv_username] etc.

No luck simply it does not know what is username.

I tried following too:

[calc]
$Scratch->{mv_autocreate} =~ /mv_username=(\w+)/;
$1;
[/calc]

But this only creates new username for me. I do not need that.

The issue is that users do not have to log in to access pages, username
and id get asigned to them automatically as follow:

  [tmp auto_create]1[/tmp]
        [if type=explicit compare=|
                [userdb
                        function=new_account
                                assign_username=1
                                        password='[value zip]'
                                                verify='[value zip]'
                ]
                |]
                [seti mv_autocreate]
                        mv_username=[data session username]
                        mv_password=[value zip]
                [/seti]
        [/if]

I want to be able to create this report of users, and then use
table-editor to edit info as I need.

That is all ok.

So how can I get this username ???

Do you guys have any ideas ????