[ic] setting up a "Combo Select"

G Guttero interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Apr 8 23:17:01 2002

A Combo Select is a drop down list plus a space for adding a new option
right beside it.

I've been trying to set up a new Combo Select field for "supplier" in the
Items Editor, and I have it set up exactly like the Categories field, which
is a Foundation Combo Select, and it isn't working correctly.  I did, of
course, change "category" to "supplier" in the appropriate places.

If an item is assigned a supplier and then the item is clicked on again in
the Item Editor, the Supplier field in the Item Editor just sits on the top
supplier in the drop-down list so that if you don't change it to the correct
supplier before you hit OK the supplier is then assigned blank.  The top
supplier in the drop-down list of suppliers is blank because I have only
assigned a few supplier so far so most of them are blank under supplier.

Also, the "<- New" option is not present in the drop-down list at all as it
should be.  The blank text box is present to the left of the drop-down list,
but there is no "<-New" option.

Thanks!  This is driving me nuts!