[ic] table-editor/username help needed ???

Tue Apr 9 11:00:01 2002

At 08:56 AM 4/9/2002 +0200, you wrote:
>Alma Nuker <alma@youramigo.com> writes:
>
> >   Hi list;
> >
> > I am trying to do few things but I am having some difficulties.
> >
> > This is what I am trying to do:
> >
> > 1. I have search box where you enter customer_id or some other info and
> > you get list of customers, where customer id is link to another page
> > that will display more details.
> >
> > so far so good, that all works fine.
> >
> > 2. Next you can clik on customer name and it will bring you to
> > table-editor page where you can edit some customer info.
> >
> > that is working fine to. I can edit info, save them to db no problems.
> >
> > 3.Here is my problem. I am now trying to enter some info in the form.
> > All values that are saved in db are already visible on form. The only
> > thing that I am missing is username.
> >
> > I tried everything but I can not reteive username.
> >
> > All other info such as fname,lname, address,zip,company etc are there
> > only I am missing my username.
> >
> > I tried something like:
> >
> > <INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="username"  VALUE="[data session username]">
> > nothing filed is empty.
> >
> > I tried something like [value mv_username] etc.
> >
> > No luck simply it does not know what is username.
>
>Is there anything in the catalog error log ?
>
>Ciao
>         Racke

Also, after reading your post, I don't quite understand the context of what
you are trying to do. Who's username - the owner of the session? That will
always be available as [value mv_username] or [data session id]. That is
"first person" - the value you get will be your own username when you are
logged in. You described getting a list of customers as the result of some
kind of loop or search,  and subsequently clicking on a 'customer_id' to
get to a form view for that customer. Assuming the 'customer_id' is
actually a username from userdb, the username on your form view should be
available as [data session arg] if you followed the normal conventions for
flypages.

If this is confusing you, post a little more detail as to what you are doing.

- Ed L.

(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax