[ic] table-editor/username help needed ???

Alma Nuker interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Apr 9 20:43:00 2002

In-Replay-To:

>   Hi list;
>
> I am trying to do few things but I am having some difficulties.
>
> This is what I am trying to do:
>
> 1. I have search box where you enter customer_id or some other info
and
> you get list of customers, where customer id is link to another page
> that will display more details.
>
> so far so good, that all works fine.
>
> 2. Next you can clik on customer name and it will bring you to
> table-editor page where you can edit some customer info.
>
> that is working fine to. I can edit info, save them to db no problems.

> 3.Here is my problem. I am now trying to enter some info in the form.
> All values that are saved in db are already visible on form. The only
> thing that I am missing is username.
>
> I tried everything but I can not reteive username.
>
> All other info such as fname,lname, address,zip,company etc are there
> only I am missing my username.
>
> I tried something like:
>
> <INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="username"  VALUE="[data session username]">

> nothing filed is empty.
>
> I tried something like [value mv_username] etc.
>
> No luck simply it does not know what is username.

>>Is there anything in the catalog error log ?

There is nothing in error log.

>>>Who's username - the owner of the session?
It is not ovner of the session, it is username of customer that I did
access
trough table-editor page.

>>That will always be available as [value mv_username] or [data session
id].
Is this so case if I am not logged in as that user???

>>You described getting a list of customers as the result of some
>>kind of loop or search,  and subsequently clicking on a 'customer_id'
>>get to a form view for that customer. Assuming the 'customer_id' is
>>actually a username from userdb, the username on your form view should
be
>>available as [data session arg] if you followed the normal conventions
for
>>flypages.

Yes that  all works fine Ed, but the only problem is that now I am
trying to access separate page called evaluation.html
that has form (normal form with text fields, text areas select box, etc)
on it.

ie:
[update values]
[set mv_data_enable]1[/set]
[tag flag write]evaluationdb[/tag]

<FORM ACTION="[process]" METHOD="POST">
<INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="mv_data_table"    VALUE="evaluationdb">
<INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="mv_data_key"      VALUE="serial_number">
<INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="mv_data_function" VALUE="insert">
<INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="mv_nextpage" VALUE=@@MV_PAGE@@>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME="mv_form_profile" VALUE="evaluation_profile">
<INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="mv_data_fields"
VALUE="serial_number,username,company,email
........................>

Now all information on this form are visible (ie those ones that are in
userdb such as company,email etc).

The only value that I am missing is username (it exists in userdb)

I tried

<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="username"  VALUE="[value mv_username]">

But there is nothing visible.

Is it possible that I can not access  those info because I am not logged
in as that user and because I got to this page  as described above???

I tried to set up username as follow:
[set name=User_ID interpolate=1]
[sql type=list query="select username from userdb where company='[value
company]' AND email='[value email]' AND address1='[value address1]'  AND
city='[value city]' AND zip='[value zip]' AND country='[value
country]'"][sql-code][/sql]
[/set]
[else]
[seti User_ID]
[calc]
$Scratch->{mv_autocreate} =~ /mv_username=(\w+)/;
$1;
[/calc][/seti]
[/else]
[/if]

And that works fine.

Also I have another isses. If I access information like this (ie I am
not logged in) and I try to create new account it will assume that I am
new user not existing one.

How can i prevent this ????

This is part of my account.html page:

[if session logged_in][bounce href="[area account_update]"]
[else]
[tmp auto_create]1[/tmp]
        [if type=explicit compare=|
                [userdb
                        function=new_account
                                assign_username=1
                                        password='[value zip]'
                                                verify='[value zip]'
                ]
                |]
           [/if]
[/else]
[/if]

This is the  reason I need to know how to tell interchange that I am not
new user I already exist. It seems to me that since I am not logged in
id does not know what is value on mv_username.

I hope so that I did clear this for you a bit.

Thank you so much guys.

Alma