[ic] Replacing SQL Databases

Wed Apr 10 10:15:00 2002

Quoting Stefan Hornburg (Racke) (racke@linuxia.de):

> Hello, Interchange users !
>
> A customer of our company would like to upload a new databases where
> many rows are deleted. This is no problem with text databases, you
> just drop the new file and reconfig.
>
> This don't work for SQL databases, only new records are added, but
> the old ones with no counterpart in the upload stay there. Is there
> a Interchange way instead of using SQL statements to achieve
> database updates with deleting records ?

Yes, there is.

If you use the import page, which employs [import-fields ...], you can
create a line in the update file which has:

    DELETE^Isku_in_question

The ^I represents a TAB, and the string DELETE starts the line.

These can be intermixed with updated records.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

Fast, reliable, cheap.  Pick two and we'll talk.  -- unknown