[ic] Replacing SQL Databases

Wed Apr 10 10:26:49 2002

On Wed, Apr 10, 2002 at 03:45:54PM +0200, Stefan Hornburg (Racke) wrote:

> Hello, Interchange users !
>
> A customer of our company would like to upload a new databases where
> many rows are deleted. This is no problem with text databases, you
> just drop the new file and reconfig.
>
> This don't work for SQL databases, only new records are added, but
> the old ones with no counterpart in the upload stay there. Is there
> a Interchange way instead of using SQL statements to achieve
> database updates with deleting records ?

What do you mean by "don't work for SQL databases"?

We typically do everything we can to get clients to think of
replacing their data (we only use SQL) in its entirety, otherwise
it will surely "diverge" from what the customer thinks he has and
trying to maintain consistency through web forms is hopeless.