[ic] Admin gdbm Error

Orko interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Apr 11 12:00:01 2002

> >I am currently looking at reports of errors seen by our admin users in
> >the Admin UI.  The error they are seeing is:
> >
> >Sorry, there was an error in processing this form action. Please report
> >the error or try again later. (Could not tie to
> >'/home/interchange/catalogs/secure/products/access.gdbm': Resource
> >temporarily unavailable at /home/interchange/main/lib/Vend/Table/GDBM.pm
> >line 115. )

> I have seen this on one client's catalog - that happens to be on old
> Minivend site using gdbm files. Though I have never done a thorough
> analysis, the error seems to appear when the table in question gets busy
> with multiple accesses; it is as if gets overwhelmed easily.
>
> You might want to consider switching to MySQL or one of the other supported
> third-party DBMS. I have never seen this issue with those systems, even on
> very busy sites.

My main catalog is running off of MySQL.  The 'access' table for the Admin user
logins can also be a MySQL DB?  That would be swanky ;-)  Although it opens a
slightly bigger door security wise.  Not much bigger I know, so maybe it's not a
concern.

Thanks Ed,  any other suggestions on how to beat this at the source (why is gdbm
failing)?

-- orko