[ic] really dumb question

Brendan Crosser-McGay interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Apr 11 15:28:00 2002

Believe it or not, you can make a text entry field as an option on a product
IN the IC Admin.  All ya gotta do is make an option on a product using
simple or matrix options, whichever you want.  Then go into Matrix options
and select the option to be turned into a text entry field.  If you have
gone through the right menus and everything you should be on a screen with a
LOT of little fields for that option.

One of them is called Widget Type, change that to Text Entry or Text Area,
whichever is more appropriate.  And now, change your option types back to
simple.  Now Viola!  You've got a product option that is a text entry field.
Only thing you need to make sure of is that you have atleast ONE value
listed on this option (even though the value will not be used).

The text field will be rather long and I haven't yet figured a way to fix
this in the IC Admin yet, but as far as functionality goes, it works great
for me :)

Heres something I made with it:
http://ic.paymentonline.com/score/purchase.html

And as far as making each color a different price on a option, all ya gotta
do is change the product option into matrix mode.  Select the option that
has different prices per option.  Then you will see the same screen where
you changed the widget type, this time however you just need to put a comma
seperated list of productoption1=16,productoption2=24, etc. etc.

Just make sure when you are done changing anything in product matrix mode
that you change the product options back to simple options when you are done
or else the option will not work properly.  Seems like this workaround for
product options should be PART of interchange somehow instead of tricking
it.

Brendan Crosser-McGay
brendan@paymentonline.com