[ic] really dumb question

Brendan Crosser-McGay interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Apr 11 16:36:01 2002

The only way around that ugly Text Area being displayed (to my knowledge
right now) is by taking out the [table] tag that displays the options, and
making a special [if-modifier size] type tag for each option that is
possible in your catalog (I'm sure this is wholly possible if you only use a
couple different options throughout your catalog, like size, color and so
forth).   So you would want to replace the following code:

 [if-item-data options o_enable]
    [if-item-data !options o_modular]
       [table-organize cols=2 table=' ' font="size=1" pretty=1]
           [item-options td=1 label=1 bold=1 price=1]
       [/table-organize]
    [/if-item-data]
 [/if-item-data]

With something like this instead:

[if-modifier size]SIZE -- > [item-modifier size][/if]  	//  for displaying
option
[if-modifier size]Size <input type=hidden name="mv_item_option"
value="size">
                       <select name="mv_order_size">
                        <option value=small>Small</option>
                        <option value=medium>Medium</option>
                        <option value=large>Large</option>
                       </select>[/if]  	 // for changing the option
[if-modifier name]Name <input type=hidden name="mv_item_option"
value="name">
                       <input type=text name="mv_order_name" size="50"
value="">[/if]  	// for making a text input modifier on a item.

Of course the drawback of using that method is you have to do all the work
IC usually does, and of course its not good to use this method if you are
going to be changing the product options alot.  If someone knows a more
streamlined method of customizing the display and changing of options I
would be happy to hear it! :)

Brendan Crosser-McGay
brendan@paymentonline.com