[ic] re: order tracking

Thu Apr 11 22:40:01 2002

Quoting Ed LaFrance (edl@newmediaems.com):
> At 04:30 PM 4/11/2002 +0200, you wrote:
> >Raymond Miecznik <electron@electronics2000.com> writes:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I noticed that a customer has their own login and they can log in and check
> > > the status of their log in, and I tried that, but there is no space as far
> > > as I am aware of for the administrator to place a tracking number in
> > there ?
> >
> >What do you mean with tracking number ?
> >

> Such as a UPS tracking number? There is a comments field in the
> transactions table, though it has not been used in any demo since the
> Minivend days. You could add a tracking field to that table, then you would
> just need to override admin/order_status.html with a customized copy which
> allows you to enter a tracking number, and add display of the same on the
> customer's order_status page.

Still today, if you add the UPS tracking number to the transactions
field "status" via Tables->transactions, the link will show up in the
Order Status page.

The way you suggest is better, of course.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just
sit there." -- Will Rogers