[ic] login help

Jonathan Clark interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Apr 12 04:00:01 2002

> thanks to all of you for being so patient with the NEWBIE here..
> i got everything working the way i wanted but..
>
> i deleted my default admin username and password and created username:
> admin password: 3313crrtb.
> however, for some reason, after i have already 'applied changes',
> it won't
> let me in..
> any suggestions on how to find out my password?
>
> i have tried looking in the mysql.userdb and scanned the FTP log
> files for
> the password..
> i can see that the default user has been deleted and that admin
> IS a user..
> how can i see the password too?

Your admin password is stored in the 'access' table, 'userdb' is for your
customers. By default, passwords in access are encrypted. Some time back
Mike posted a little perl script to create a new password which you can then
put into the table:

http://interchange.redhat.com/pipermail/interchange-users/2001-March/006031.
html

Jonathan