[ic] How do I setup multiple domain catalogs?

Rene Hertell interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Apr 12 07:29:00 2002

> Can someone point me to some documentation for setting up a new
> catalog that
> runs from a different domain than the one that interchange daemon is
> installed as?
> In other words I have interchange installed under my user account but want
> to set up a new catalog for someone on the same server that will
> also use my
> interchange daemon.  They will both be different catalogs with different
> domain names.  I am stumped.  I know this is done, but I can't find any
> docs.  I would be open to either the exact domain name or using a
> sub domain
> like shop.domain.com.

I have done this. It is actually quite simple..
You don't need any subdomain. You just need an account where you can execute
the cgi-file...

1) Make a copy from the working ic-executable. Make sure that the file
belongs to the same user that runs the daemon.
2) move the executable new location (I made a temp-dir in the target
directory with 777 rights. This made it easier to move the file to the new
location without getting the ownership of the executable changed
3) create the catalog-definitions in interchange.cfg like
Catalog  catalog_name  /path/to/catalog-files/ /scripts/ececutable.cgi
/secure/part
4) Make the proper changes in the new catalog to variable.txt
5) restart IC

That should be it :)

I suppose that you have created the catalog either with makecat or by other
ways.. The catalog-files I have under my own account to prevent
file-permission conflicts. This is maybe not the best solution if someone
else than you will run the new catalog.

Regards, René