[ic] many warehouses shipping

Rick Eicher II interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Apr 12 14:30:01 2002

> I have a customer that will be selling items from many companies.
> So I need
> to calculate the shipping based on the location of the item, which is
> different for each item. This is simmular to a company that has many
> warehouses to ship from.
>
> Has any one done this before or know how would be the best way to go about
> doing it?
>
> I was think about adding a column to the products table to hould
> the zip of
> the items location. Then have shipping pull this information to calculate
> shipping. I am currently useing the ups-query tag to calculate shipping.
> Maybe way off on this. :/
>
> Thank you for your time,
> Rick Eicher II
> www.pbol.net

My shipping.asc file now makes use of the ups_query tag.
[ups-query zip="[either][value zip][or][var SHIP_DEFAULT_ZIP][/either]"
mode="GNDRES" weight="@@TOTAL@@"]

I would like to add a column to the products table then read it in as the
origin of this tag.
[ups-query zip="[either][value zip][or][var SHIP_DEFA
ULT_ZIP][/either]" mode="GNDRES" weight="@@TOTAL@@" origin="origin column
data"]

Can add column just not sure what would be the best way to get it into the
tag.

Rick