[ic] Help on cookies

Barbara Picci interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Apr 15 06:31:01 2002

Hi,
I'm in trouble with cookies, migrating to 4.8.3 version.
I need to use the persistent cookies.
In 4.8.3 I red that I need to add set-cookie directive,
I use it, it generates cookies, but, if I use the same name of the
normal cookie (mv_session_id), closing and reopening  browser, it
generates another cookie that overrides the previous and clear the
cart.

If I use a different name, like below, the cookie has not been red.
Thi is my setting:
[set_cookie name="save_basket" value="[data session id]"
expire="[calc]60*60*10+[time]%s[/time][/calc]"]

Can it depend from the name? I tried to set read-cookie with the
right name to the basket page but it seems to ignore it. It doesn't
read the persistent cookie.
The cookie that has been generated is a little different from that
generated from the precedent version of Interchange, in fact the
value of it is the "number ID", instead of "number ID: IP".

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance
ciao

Barbara