[ic] I write a new file named"order_lines.html",it's like order.html, and it's called as following

Tue Apr 16 11:05:01 2002

At 09:14 AM 4/16/2002 +0800, you wrote:

> >> I write a new file named"order_lines.html",it's like order.html, and
> it's called as >following
> >>
> http://www.test.com/cgi-bin/cpp/admin/order_lines?vender_prefix=FR&showvenders=1&showall=1
> >>
> >> in the order_lines.html,exist following codes:
> >> [seti page_title]
> >>      [L]Order[/L]: [L]Order Lines by Vender[/L] - [cgi
> vender_prefix]-[Scratch archive_subwhere]
> >>      [set help_name]order.main[/set]
> >> [/seti]
> >>
> >> [cgi vender_prefix] is displayed correctly in the first page. but if
> click to next page, [cgi vender_prefix] can not be
> >> displayed. How to translate [cgi vender_prefix] to the next page?
> >>
> >use [value vendor_prefix].
>
> >[cgi] refers to the arguments passed into the current page on the
> >URI, or via a <form>.  [values] refers to saved CGI/form values and
> >values you create yourself.
>
> >Another possibility is to create a scratch variable, like this:
> >
> >    [seti vendor_archive][cgi vender_prefix]-[Scratch
> archive_subwhere][/seti]
> >
> >and then use [scratch vendor_archive] in place of your quoted code, and
> >on subsequent pages.
>
>Thanks for ur reply. But I try [value vendor_prefix], it doesn't work. And
>then I try
>[seti vendor_archive][cgi vender_prefix][/seti]
>[seti page_title]
>         [L]Order[/L]: [L]Order Lines by Vender[/L] - [scratch vendor_archive]
>         [set help_name]order.main[/set]
>[/seti]
>
>In the first page,it's ok, but the subsequent pages it displyed none. I
>don't know why?
>
>Grace

That's not going to work. You are just blindly setting [scratch
vendor_archive] to whatever the value of [cgi vendor_archive] is, even if
it is empty. That's why it only returns a value on the first page of
results. You have to capture the [cgi] var only when it is non-blank, i.e.:

[if cgi vendor_archive]
         [seti vendor_archive][cgi vendor_archive][/seti]
[/if]

- Ed L.

(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax