[ic] Need advise for setting up UPS

Jason Ballou interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Apr 17 11:17:00 2002

We are switch from flat rate per $ total shipping
charges to UPS weight based shipping but have no idea
how we should go about it.

Should we enter the exact weight or should we round up
to the next .25lb, .5lb, or pound? And should we be
weighing the items by themselves or the items pack in
whatever box that item would generally ship in? Most
of our customers order a number of items so does that
effect what we should do in the first two questions?

Also, we need to be able to charge 20% on top of the
www calculated UPS shipping rate. According to ICs
help info we should be able to do this by entering x =
x + (x * .2), x = x * 1.2, or x *= 1.2 into the
"Additional shipping calculation" field but we've
tried all three and it does not correctly calculate
the total with any of them. Can anyone offer some
insight into this?

Thank you,
Jason