[ic] Category Pop Up

Jason Balicki interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Apr 17 21:05:02 2002

Kevin Walsh wrote:

> As some people may already know, I'm not a fan of JavaScript menus.

Kevin,

Do you have any suggestions for a better way to do navigation,
or perhaps some links to some you've seen done well?

I'm using javascript menus on our site simply because it was
quick to set up.  I toyed with the tree tag for a while, but
I didn't like having to reload the page every time you wanted
to view the contents of a different product group.

I used foundation as a base (my boss wanted it set up quick)
but I'm now designing from scratch on a test store.  The navigation
is what I'm stuck on as we have a lot of product groups and categories
and I want to do something that's fast and intuitive -- and I'm
NOT a designer.  If it were up to me, you'd have one button in
an elevator and if you wanted the fifth floor you'd hit it
five times.  Intuitive for me. . .  but for granny?  :)

--J(K)