[ic] building products.sql and restarting IC 4.8

Greg Goble interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Apr 19 05:49:00 2002

Hi list,

Can someone, anyone, please tell me what the absolutes are for rebuilding
any .sql- especially products.sql

Here's what I'm doing:

On my development server, I have two catalogs running (now only one--second
is down), but every time I rm products.sql and restart IC it never rebuilds
my products.sql

At least most of the time. It seems every time it work eventually after many
attempts and different methods, but no one set method I apply seems to be
the standard. I'm always trying so many options until it does work...then I
document them, and apply them next time, but then that method fails as well.
That's what has brought me to the profi's today.

For example here's what I've done.
==================================

I transferred a new products.txt to my dev server.

The ownership is correct and its 644.

I deleted the products.sql and use the Admin Interface
and click Apply changes...not successful
"catalog undefined" because the sql did not rebuild.

So I start from scratch again.  rm products.txt.* -->
so I'm left only with products.txt and products.autonumber

Now I do something  expect shouldn't have to done:
root# service interchange restart

Well...that builds everything except products.sql
it builds my products.txt.1 - products.txt.sku etc.

but always fails to build my products.sql.

error.log doesn't help me.

Both of these catalogs are live on the Net and the server as well in my
hands, but now I'm amazed that they're running and am not even sure what it
took to rebuild the .sql's.

Now I'm afraid to rm products.sql if I had too.

What is the SOP, please!

Thanks, Greg