[ic] TaxShipping does not applied

Joachim Schubert interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Apr 19 09:07:01 2002

Hi,

i have trouble with the TaxShipping directive.
I want to include the taxshipping in salestax.
Every i have tried without success.

system data:
FreeBSD 4.5-STABLE
perl, version 5.005_03 built for i386-freebsd
psql (PostgreSQL) 7.2
Interchange V4.8.3 catalog: customised foundation

in catalog.cfg:
SalesTax __TAXFIELD__
TaxShipping __TAXSHIPPING__

in variable:
TAXFIELD multi
TAXSHIPPING SN

in salestax.asc:
default [fly-tax]

in country:
for DE at column tax: "default=16%"

This shows me for country Germany -> Salestax 16% for all items.
The shipping-cost are properly calculated (3,62  e.g.)

Now the docs say:
If your state taxes shipping, use the TaxShipping directive.
Utah and Nevada are known to tax shipping -- there may be others.
The subtotal will include any taxable items, and will also include the
shipping cost if the state/zip is included in the TaxShipping directive.

I have tried for TAXSHIPPING:
SN - for Saxonia (a entry in states-table)
DE - for Germany (a entry in country-atble)
0.16 a fixed value
default=16%

My subtotal don't include any shipping costs and [salestax] calculates only
from the sum of items. I'm lost here.
Who knows what's wrong here? Thank you for reply.

Joachim