[ic] results page - [search-list] sorting problem

Ron Phipps interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Apr 19 13:10:01 2002

> From: interchange-users-admin@interchange.redhat.com
[mailto:interchange-
> users-admin@interchange.redhat.com] On Behalf Of David Berry
>
> Hi list,
>
> the results page has the following:
>
> [search-list]
> [sort products:sku:n]
> [item-change 1][condition][item-field category][/condition]
>

> This gives perfect (sorted on sku order) results, but ...
>

> when I limit the number of items to show to 6 and use [more] [/more]
> construct, the following happens:
>
> page 1		page 2		page 3
>
> item no:		item no:		item no:
> 0562		1538		1550
> 1537		1540		1552
> 1538		1980		1601
> 1972		2074		1603
> 2050		2075		1800
> 2063		2100		2235
>

> each  individual page is sorted, but overall, it's not.

As far as I know the sort tag is not meant to be used on pages in which
there is going to be paging.  I found this out when trying to add sort
links on one of our sites.

> Interestingly, if i click the 'previous' button and go back to page 1,
> everything is then sorted perfectly throughout the 3 pages.
>
> Is there a way to do the sort PRIOR to the [search-list] construct?
I've
> feeling this would fix the problem.
>
> Thanks
>
> Dave

The way we did this was to add a 'tf' to the search link, something like
this:  tf=sku:n .

Good luck,
-Ron