[ic] virtual hosting of IC - server downtime, etc.

Jonathan Clark interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sat Apr 20 07:48:01 2002

> I am using IC in a virtual hosting environment.  Well at least I was
> until a few days ago.  The server is running Linux and I have access to
> IC 4.8.3 through CPanel.  I have no root access.  Up until now, I have
> had my site and store up and running, and all was ok.  Suddenly, I can't
> access the interchange part of my site at all nor the administrative
> login.  I get the following error:  Undefined catalog:
> /~myuserid/cgi-bin/cart.cgi

There are two errors people generally see with ic:

1) Undefined catalog: /cgi-bin/foo

2) The interchange server is not responding...

(1) means interchange daemon is running, but it is not set up for your
catalog. (path/link file name)
(2) means interchange daemon is not running, or you may have a permissions
problem.

In your case, your isp appears to have removed your catalog definition from
interchange.cfg, or perhaps you have changed the name of your link program
(/~myuserid/cgi-bin/cart.cgi).

> My web host company stated the following to me  "If you can access your
> site but cannot access the cart files, then it's not a problem with the
> server. It's an Interchange related problem. We can't support that or
> gaurantee it."

Find a new host. There have been plenty of offers/suggestions on this list..
do a search of the mail archive.

good luck!

Jonathan
Webmaint.