[ic] Changing the left menu in the foundation store

Sat Apr 20 10:43:00 2002

At 10:48 AM 4/20/2002 +1000, you wrote:
>Hi
>
>Can anyone point me in the right direction to any docs or examples on how to
>change the left menu in the foundation store.  I have looked in the mailing
>archives and tutorials, but am unable to find any reference to it.
>
>I am using Interchange 4.8.3
>
>I have found the reference to the category_vertical which seems to self
>generate the Menu.  Is that correct?
>
>If so where does it get the info to generate it from?  Area table in the DB
>perhaps
>
>I have tried adding the new categories from the Design -> layout section of
>the UI
>
>Can anyone help with what I have missed

It seems the most common thing people miss when doing this is setting the
page class for the new area you have added. There is a little combo box in
the area properties section for this; in the demo distribution it just
contains one choice: 'all'. You need to click this so that is it selected,
then save your changes.

- Ed L.

(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax