[ic] Broken products.db file during use of UI

Joachim Leidinger interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sat Apr 20 19:56:01 2002

Hi List,

I've a very strang problem. A costumer of me uses UI every day.
Sometime, he edits a lot of items and get the items with no price in his
UI suddenly and the products.db file is lesser than before. After
removing the products.db file, he get (or gets?) all the items with the
newest change of the latest item again. I tries to find out the cause of
such behavior last 4 mounths. The costumer has cookies in his browser.

But it seems to me, he has a ISP account by T-Online via the TDSL-Line
(High-Speed) and a TDSL-Line from the ISP T-Online is shutting down the
internet connection at 10 pm and rebuild at the same time with a new IP
number, if the costumer is longer than 24 hours online. I've asked the
costumer for which kind of ISP he is using and I'm waiting for the
answer.

But in the meantime, I want to know, if someone of the list has gotten
the same behavior and can give me more information. If yes, please
report me or the list about this behavior and tell us something about
the cause of this behabior or something abou the solution.

OS: FreeBSD 4.5
IC: Version 4.6.5
Perl: Version 5.6.1 built for i386-freebsd

Any suggestion to try out the cause are very wellcome.

Thanks!

Joachim

--
Hans-Joachim Leidinger | Dipl.-Phys.Ing. Entwicklung eCommerce
[leidinger@bpanet.de]