[ic] Korksoft?

Jason Ballou interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Apr 23 14:12:00 2002

We've had the same problem with support requests not
being taken care of until we've sent several e-mails,
left several voice mails, and waited several hours. We
also had our domain go down this weekend and from
reading some of the other posts, I was right to think
that it was something on their end. Best of all, the
response to all of my inquiries about what was going
on wasn't even any explanation, it was "it will be
working in about 60 minutes". Fortunately this was
just a backup copy of IC for us and we were able to
refer customers that called to our other copy of the
cart but we still lost in the are of $1500 from
customers that coming from direct marketing that we
could not re-route. We have it hosted on
www.webhostit.com. Don't get me wrong, they're not
perfect either, but in the 2 or so years that we have
been using IC, they are the most reliable host that we
have found.

If anyone is interested in an alternative, we are now
looking at SiteLINK hosting through www.dydacomp.com.
They appear to have a great integrated shopping cart
and inhouse processing system (Mail Order Manager,
MOM), the demo is on the way to us now so we'll see.
If anyone knows anything good or bad about them,
please pass it along. Thanks.

Jason