[ic] Field Value: Length Of Time

Orko interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Apr 23 18:57:03 2002

On Tue, 2002-04-23 at 15:01, Jim Webster wrote:
> I'd like to create a script or something that automatically changes the
> value of a field after a certain period of time.
>
> Example
>
> Database:Table:Column:Member Value: Yes
>
> Then after 30 days... (script switches value)
>
> Database:Table:Column:Member Value: No
>
> I don't know much about UNIX or CronJobs, etc.  If this is something I can
> do in IC/MySQL, great!  If not, can someone please contact me in regards to
> possibly contracting this piece of work.

To do it your way, use a perl script running on a cron task that does it
independantly from IC.  Either do the research to find out how to do
this, or as you said, hire someone that can.  This would be a 5 minute
job for someone with Perl/SQL experience.

If I'm understanding what you want to do however, this could be done
simply by using a date column in the table that has the date they
subscribed, and comparing this date and now() when you want to know if
they are a current "member".

-- orko