[ic] Auctions, RFQ's, Negotiations

Kevin Walsh interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Apr 25 19:04:00 2002

> I read in an artcle about Interchange that it can be used for such things as
> auctions and online collaborations.  I am interested in using it for this
> purpose but have been unable to find any further information on using it for
> auctions, RFQ's, etc.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?

The only information I'm aware of is the Interchange documentation
itself.  You will find that Interchange has a rich set of tag that
you can use to code almost any web-based application.  Anything that
can't be done, or done efficiently, in ICML can be done in Perl.
Anything that can't be done in Perl is not worth doing.  Not quite
true, but that'd be off-topic. :-)

If you have a spec. for a web-based application then I'm sure that
Interchange has a good chance of being able to implement it once
you understand the system.

I don't know what an RFQ is, by the way, but that probably doesn't
matter.  You may be lucky enough to find someone who's written
something similar to what you want already.