[ic] tables

Mitch Greive interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sun Apr 28 12:26:01 2002

thanks for the info.. now my only problem is that it will not recognize the
new tables!  they are all defined in the database.  lets say i go to import
a tab delimited file.  it will give me the following error:

There is no column named 'Price' at
/usr/local/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/Common.pm line 232,  line 1.

Progress to date:
Using fields from file: 'Media Artist Title Country Label Description SKU
Genre Price

Which of course i do have a column named 'Price'!  it will just not
recognize it!

> Greetings everyone.  I have a question about setting up new tables within
> interchange.  ok.. here it goes.. how do you do it?
>
> I want to be able to use different tables than what come with the
> foundation
> tables.  One of my clients has asked me to redo this for them and i have
> never had to do it before.  If it has been posted before, please
> point me to
> the right direction!  thanks for any responses!
>

> Mitch Greive
> MWA Hosting

You can make a text file of TAB delimited values, the first row being the
column titles, examples would be any of the .txt tables in products/. Then
define it in dbconf/foo/tablename.foo

Depending on what you are using mysql, gdbm.. If it is a stock foundation,
define it in a dbm file in dbconf/default_db/tablename.dbm (tablename being
the name of the new table)

The easiest way to do it is to copy a similar one, then open it up and
change the variables accordingly.

Then restart.

Paul