[ic] Customer Inquiry Form

Kyle Cook interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Apr 29 03:26:01 2002

At 11:42 PM 4/28/02, you wrote:
>Hi All
>
>Can anyone help put me on the right track in relation to setting up a
>customer inquiry form in Interchange?
>
>I am trying to get a simple  form, that customers can use to submit
>questions about different products and services
>
>I haven't used forms other than the checkout in the past, so this is my
>first attempt in Interchange
>
><FORM ACTION="[process]" METHOD=POST>
>     <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME="mv_todo" VALUE="username">
>     <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME="mv_todo" VALUE="phone">
>     <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME="mv_todo" VALUE="contacttime">
>     <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME="mv_todo" VALUE="help_request_type">
>     <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME="mv_doit" VALUE="comments">

<SNIP>

>When I use the above form I get "Interaction error "     No action passed
>for processing
>
>Am I any where near the mark? Any suggestions please
>
>Thanks
>
>Tim

Tim,

mv_todo is used to determine the "action" of the form submission
as per docs:

http://interchange.redhat.com/cgi-bin/ic/docfly.html?mv_arg=ictemplates10%2e02

The basic form (to post to a "receiving page") is:

<FORM ACTION="[process]" METHOD=POST>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_todo  VALUE="return">
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_nextpage VALUE="recieving_page">
form fields

<input type="Submit" name="contact" value="go">
</FORM>

On the "receiving page" (recieving_page.html in this example) you can
"do something" with the data from the form fields with [value xxx] tags.

Good Luck,

Kyle Cook