[ic] debian problem - link prg doesn't respond

Stefan Hornburg Racke interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Apr 29 07:15:00 2002

Patrick Simon Stuckenberger <pss@gmx.at> writes:

> I installed Interchange on debian woody with apt (thx to the packet
> builder!)
>
> the foundation catalog (comes with the packet) works fine.
>

> /etc/init.d/interchange start brings no bad output...
>

> as soon as a make a catalog of my own, the link programm doesn't seem to
> respond =>
>
> interchange starts "normal" (dont ask me for the 4.8.4 here...I don't
> kno why..)
>
> /var/log/interchange/error.log says:
> //
> 	RPC traffic settings.
> 	Calling UI...
> 	 ...UI is loaded...
> 	Interchange V4.8.4
> 	Config 'ads' at server startup
> 	START server (3583) (UNIX)
> 	START server (3585) (UNIX)
> 	Interchange page server started (process id 3587)
> 	Interchange page server started (process id 3589)
> 	Interchange page server started (process id 3591)
> 	Interchange page server started (process id 3593)
> 	Interchange page server started (process id 3595)
>
> \\
>

> ls -l from my cgi-bin :
>
> //
> -rwsr-xr-x    1 intercha intercha     7456 Apr 26 20:36 ads
> -rwsr-xr-x    1 intercha intercha     7064 Apr 26 17:43 foundation
> -rwsr-xr-x    1 intercha intercha     7448 Mar  6 23:45 tlink
> -rwsr-xr-x    1 intercha intercha     7064 Mar  6 23:45 vlink

Obviously you use UNIX mode, but your link program looks like it
is configured for INET mode. Try to cp -a vlink ads in this
directory.

Ciao
        Racke

--
Think of it !

For projects and other business stuff please refer to COBOLT NetServices