[ic] Using dynamic components in otherwise static pages.

Tue Apr 30 12:31:01 2002

At 04:01 PM 04/30/2002 +0100, you wrote:

>Hi Everyone
>
>I'm a newbie to Interchange but have lots of experience with other shopping
>cart systems.  Pretty much every page in our website is a different
>template.  Because of this I only want to use Interchange components where
>needed on HTML pages.  For example display the shopping cart or a shopping
>form on an otherwise static HTML page.
>
>Can anyone help me with this.  I would like to see some code where other
>people have done this.
>
>We currently use Mercantec SoftCart - I would like to mimic the use of its
>tags (<display cart> for example) with Interchange.
>
>Thanks!
>
>Ian Cowley
>Development Director

Ian - I am familiar with SoftCart. Interchange tag language, in-page Perl
and catalog/global variables can be freely mixed with HTML, Javascript,
etc., so have no fear. You can set things up so that things like the entire
basket can be included on any page with a tag or two; the foundation demo
that comes with Interchange is already configured this way.  It is too big
of a subject to be addressed in one email; install a foundation demo store
and look under the hood to see how it is put together (be warned: highly
modular) and hit the docs.

- Ed L.

(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax