[ic] Problems importing new products.txt

Michael Bevan interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Apr 30 17:07:00 2002

Hi all,

I'm running IC 4.8.3 with MySQL as my database of
choice. Everything has been behaving fine, but I am
now
experiencing wierdness with products.txt though.

Since changing my data entry format for the sku field
from '0111-Hot Product' to '0111-Hot-Product' - I keep
getting the following error upon import of my product
table:

FATAL error

DBD::mysql::db do failed: Duplicate entry '0198-1356'
for key 1 at
/usr/lib/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/DBI.pm line 1042,
line 2.

Progress to date:

Using fields from file: 'sku description title
template_page comment thumb image image_large price
sale_price wholesale prod_group category
nontaxable weight size color gift_cert related
featured download dl_type dl_location inactive'

I know my data is clean, because I can import this
file with no errors into the IC Demo at redhat.com. It
seems
to like it.

Furthermore, I can't even import my options or
inventory tables now without getting the same error.

How do I blow out the old databases in order to
install my new ones? I think the previous records for
my store might be the source of my problem.

Any ideas would be appreciated,
Thanks,
Mike
mkbevan@yahoo.com