[ic] How to disallow shipping option to display?

Mon Aug 5 11:05:01 2002

Quoting Miles Eddins (miles_eddins@hotmail.com):
> Our catalog's shipping pull-down menu displays the UPS and USPS shipping
> option and charge.
>
> We occasionally send orders to military addresses (APO, FPO etc), but only
> ship USPS for these orders. UPS lookup for APO/FPO addresses show up with a
> $0 charge because the ZIP code is not found in the shipping database. For
> military orders we'd like for the only shipping option that shows up to be
> USPS.
>
> How do you prevent a shipping option appearing in the pull-down menu if it's
> returning a $0 charge? In the IC Admin interface, I've set "allow to be 0
> cost" to "no" and applied changes - this does't prevent the $0 shipping
> options showing up in the pull-down menu. Our shipping page contains the
> select menu code below:
>

> <SELECT name="mv_shipmode">
>
> [loop option=mv_shipmode list=|[data table=country key='[default country
> US]' col=shipmodes]|]
> 									<OPTION value="[loop-code]">[shipping-desc [loop-code]] [shipping
> [loop-code]][/loop]

That must be an old catalog. Go get the recent demos, which use

	[shipping label=1
	    mode=|[data table=country key='[default country US]' col=shipmodes]|
	]

or something like that.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

Friends don't let friends use Outlook. -- Bob Blaylock