[ic] Reloading page causes new item to be added

Tue Aug 6 14:45:01 2002

Quoting Interchange User (inter@myoccasion.com):
> Hi, I wonder if anyone noticed from the live demo store, that if you
> do the following:
>
> 1) click on "More Info" for an item (to go into the flypage),
> 2) click "Buy Now"
> 3) at the "basket" page, press ctrl-r (or click the "reload" button
> on the browser) to reload the page
>
> ...a new item (same as the previous) will be added into the cart?
>
> That's bad...
> How can we overcome this problem?

This is not a problem!!!

You asked it to order twice, and it did so. It would be more of
a problem if it *didn't* do that.

If you really want to worry about this (since it is never a real-world
problem, I wouldn't) then just make the form with the buy button
a POST.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

Fast, reliable, cheap.  Pick two and we'll talk.  -- unknown