[ic] The best How-To? An Approach for Displaying all Quantity Pricing Breaks

Barry Treahy, Jr. interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Aug 20 17:41:01 2002

I'm looking for the best 'How-To' approach on this, not necessarily
asking for the coded details, though I would certainly not look a gift
horse in the mouth...

Our new pricing system now has five pricing tiers whose quantity
discount structure, which consists of 15 quantity breaks, is linked to
each product.  Because each of our products have assigned one of these
five different discount tiers, I had decided to create a table that has
the tier codes along with the quantity code and the discount percentage
for that quantity.  When a customer is viewing the flypage, I will have
an additional link where by they can view the quantity pricing for that
product, the question is what would be the best approach?

Since I already have the SKU, and therefore the tire code, I would like
to pull the appropriate row from the tier table and walk the columns,
without hardcoding each column in a loop, and present for each quantity
break the discounted price...

In the past, with a single tier code, I did it manually with ITL and
HTML, and it was ugly and hard to maintain, so I suspect that I'll be
best off doing this all with talbes and embedded Perl but the looping
and walking through the columns of a record, can that be done?  At least
if I know it is possible, then I can forge ahead with figuring out the
how....

Regards,

Barry

--

Barry Treahy, Jr  *  Midwest Microwave  *  Vice President & CIO

E-mail: Treahy@mmaz.com * Phone: 480/314-1320 * FAX: 480/661-7028