[ic] Shipping problem with three ship categories - all usps ground

J P interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Dec 3 15:48:00 2002

>Do you have [data session ship_message] in
checkout.html? The message it
>displays might give you a clue.

snip

>I did all of the usual things (most of these things
you've indicated
>above), and [shipping] kept returning "0". I added
[data session
>ship_message] and it told me that it was looking for
modes FLATD (for
>domestic) and FLATI (international), which I had
removed from shipping.asc.
>The only thing that worked, in the end, was to return
these lines to the
>table, even though I don't use these modes:

Okay, I'm almost done figuring all this out.  Lara,
that tip about the [data session ship_message] really
really helped, THANK YOU.  I did take that out and it
started showing that it couldn't find shipping methods
like you mentioned.

Here's what I've figured out so far on why this error
always seems to keep.  In the file country.txt, it
shows the shipmodes for each country.  I now edited
that to fit my custom STAN ship code for the US and
Canada (the two countries I'm dealing with).  It had
XDM for Canada and 1DA 2DA GNDCOM for the United
States.  So I had to manually add those back to the
shipping.asc file and then go into the UI admin and
delete them so I was only left with my 3 categories
for STAN and everything is pretty much matched up now
and no error messages from [data session
ship_message].

Now I go back to my checkout and I see where I entered
[delivery-charge] and it's now right, except it's not
formatted in currency.  I'm assuming I probably need
to change this where the UserTag is in catalog.cfg to
return it in currency format, any pointers on how to
do that?

Another big thing I had to do was to find/grep through
all the directories for [shipping] to replace it with
[delivery-charge], it popped up on the mail_receipt,
report, etc... for the email messages and such.

The only problem I have left now is that it's adding
the base shipping calculated when it uses the
[shipping] field instead of what it should be using,
the [delivery-charge] field.  Does anyone know where
the total is calculated by adding shipping, handling
and sales tax so I can make sure to add the delivery
charge in there and drop the shipping from that calc?
Or did I mix up something in the user tag that should
be assigning [delivery-charge] to [shipping] so it
seemslessly integrates everywhere?