[ic] Shipping problem with three ship categories - all usps ground

Lara interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Dec 3 16:22:00 2002

snip

>Now I go back to my checkout and I see where I entered
>[delivery-charge] and it's now right, except it's not
>formatted in currency.  I'm assuming I probably need
>to change this where the UserTag is in catalog.cfg to
>return it in currency format, any pointers on how to
>do that?

Not sure if this will help (I believe it's *supposed* to default to this
setting), but did you include {'PriceDivide' => "1",} with your modes in
your shipping table? eg:

STD     Standard Base Charge Plus (Canada)      freight 0       999999  f
[var SHIP_FLAT_INTL_RATE] + @@TOTAL@@         {'PriceDivide' => "1",}

snip

>The only problem I have left now is that it's adding
>the base shipping calculated when it uses the
>[shipping] field instead of what it should be using,
>the [delivery-charge] field.  Does anyone know where
>the total is calculated by adding shipping, handling
>and sales tax so I can make sure to add the delivery
>charge in there and drop the shipping from that calc?
>Or did I mix up something in the user tag that should
>be assigning [delivery-charge] to [shipping] so it
>seemslessly integrates everywhere?

I'd also like to know (although not for the same reasons). Anyone?

I just started tangling with shipping last week. Although I've got the
calcs working as they should, the presentation is less than perfect. For
example, my shipping modes combine a base rate plus a per item charge. I
would like to extract these two figures so that they display separately in
checkout.html, as well as having the combined total in [shipping]. eg:

Base Rate: $6.00
Ground Item Charge: $0.50
Total Shipping: $6.50

If you happen to come across a solution to this is your travels, let me know.

Good luck -
Lara