[ic] can IC handle direct socket/telnet for cc authorizations

Kevin Walsh interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Dec 4 05:38:00 2002

J P [wwwsports@yahoo.com] wrote:

> Just wondering before I start digging into this if IC
> can work with direct socket connections for credit
> card payment processing through telnet connections to
> the merchant server.  My merchant account allows this,
> in addition to the html page type of submissions, and
> it seems it would be much cleaner and faster to
> process through direct socket.  They use Triple DES
> and have provided the source for that.
>
> I've searched the site and list for direct socket and
> telnet and my merchant provider and found nothing
> posted on any of this.  Any suggestions/pointers etc..
> would be greatly appreciated.

Take a look at the modules in Interchange's lib/Vend/Payment directory.
Most of the existing modules work with direct connections, whether
those connections are made via SSL or by calling an executable supplied
by the PSP.  You should be able to create a new Vend::Payment module
to interact with your PSP.