[ic] Form submission without any submit buttons

Tim Stoakes interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Dec 4 18:00:01 2002

On Wed, 04 Dec 2002 12:20:00 -0500
 DB <DB@M-and-D.com> wrote:
> > I swore I saw a post on this topic in the mailing list, but I have
> > checked my mailbox, tripled checked the archives, checked several times
> > using swish and google and cannot find this post.  I thought the post
> > was pretty recent but I may be mistaking.  Maybe I am using the wrong
> > search words or something.  I also tried giving my eyes a break then
> > tried the search again still nothing.  Maybe I imagined the post.  If
> > this post exist, could someone send me the link to it.
> >
> > If not here is my question:
> > Is there a way to submit a form without having to click submit button
> > of any sort. The form would be submitted with hidden fields
> > automatically when a particular page is opened.  Does anyone have any
> > simple way of doing this?
> >
> > Thanks for your help,
> > Tom
>
> I posted something like this a week or so ago. I ended up using an
> In-Page search which you can find in the docs. It did the trick for me.
>
> DB

Build your form as normal with hidden fields, including the 'submit' field. Use the onLoad javascript function in the body tag to    onLoad="document.formname.submit();"
Of course, This hinges on javascript being enabled, and has client transmission delays built in, but this works for us in our controlled environment.
ymmv

--
Tim S
Lead Programmer and Systems Administrator

Secure eHost Pty Ltd
http://www.ehost.com.au