[ic] Strange PID's of Interchange Process

Vijeeth interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Dec 5 01:40:01 2002

Hi All,

I am running the Interchange server on Redhat Linux-7.2

kernelversion 2.4 with postgres database. I am staritng my Intercahnge
server in RPC mode.

It was running good for 3months now But yesterday suddenly it stopped
serving the pages.

When we put the request for website its giving this message after 5 mins

"We're sorry, the Interchange server is unavailable...
  We are out of service or may be experiencing high system demand.
Please try again soon. "

I have checkled  the Process of Interchange running on the server
this is the output of the command
"[root@server1 root]# ps ax|grep inter
17858 ?        S      0:08 interchange
17860 ?        S      0:03 interchange
17862 ?        R    865:48 interchange
17864 ?        S      0:01 interchange
17866 ?        S      0:03 interchange
17868 ?        S      0:05 interchange
20326 ?        S      0:00 interchange
20334 ?        S      0:28 interchange
20336 ?        S      0:26 interchange
20341 ?        S      0:32 interchange
20343 ?        S      0:22 interchange
20345 ?        S      0:34 interchange
20347 ?        S      0:23 interchange
26202 pts/0    S      0:00 grep inter "

I could see 17862 ?        R    865:48 interchange process which tells
that its been  on run queue.

What could be the problem ??? I have never seen interchange Process
before like this ?

Is this because of the bad request to the interchange server ?????

Can any one please guide me so that I can fine tune the interchange
server.

I have the cronjob set for the interchange as per the instructions

" 44 4 * * * su -c "/usr/local/interchange/bin/expireall -r" gvijeeth "

Thanks in Advance
Vijeeth