[ic] Menu Editor

Thu Dec 5 10:38:00 2002

Quoting Sergiusz Jarczyk (sjarczyk@wist.net.pl):
> Welcome
> I've just upgraded my Interchange site from 4.8 to 4.9. Beside other
> interesting features, I found one called Menu Editor. I'm not new in the
> Interchange world, but I can't fully understand how it works. Can somebody
> points me to any docs, howtos etc. in which I can find detailed description?
> I've tried to search in 5.0 documentation, but with no luck.

There are none. It is brand new.

The best way to play with it is to make a test catalog, and start
playing with the "edit" link in the admin menus.

Also, this little procedure will give you a product tree to play
with:

    1. Go to the menu editor and use the menu loader to load
       a products tree based on the defaults. (Press the first
       Go button.)

    2. Put a menu name in the "Save to new menu name" box and
       publish it by pressing Publish.

    3. Go to the content editor and edit index.html and
       change the category_vertical component to products_tree.

    4. Use the "Clone component sets" to push that to "results"
       as well.

    5. Start playing with the menu editor, moving items left and right,
       adding categories, etc.

I think it is fairly intuitive from there.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Dick Feynman