[ic] I'm missing something when adding a new payment module

Kevin Walsh interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Dec 5 10:59:00 2002

J P [wwwsports@yahoo.com] wrote:

> I have finished (I think) a payment module for my cc
> processor but something isn't working quite right
> since I'm getting this error message when I submit -
> (atsbank): Charge operation 'atsbank' failed.
>
> Here's what I have done so far.  I've put the module
> in the lib/Vend/Payment directory.  Then I have gone
> in and added the info in lib/UI/pages/admin/wizard for
> it and also added the following to catalog.cfg
> CreditCardAuto       no
> Route  atsbank       id           "__ATSBANK_ID__"
> Variable             MV_PAYMENT_MODE    atsbank
> I also added the Require Module line in
> interchange.cfg.  I went into the admin and under
> Admin->Preferences->General set MV_DEMO_MODE to 0 and
> added MV_PAYMENT_MODE and MERCHANT_ID fields with my
> info in them in the Admin->Preferences->Order area (is
> that where they are supposed to go?).  I also applied
> changes and restarted IC and everything came up fine
> and no compilation errors.
>
> But I have to be missing something because I get this
> error message on checkout - (atsbank): Charge
> operation 'atsbank' failed.  I've looked in both the
> catalog and IC error logs and don't see any messages
> in there.  I've seen mentions of changes to make in
> profiles.order and possibly in checkout.html. I've
> looked at the first and not sure what need there and I
> see a reference in checkout.html to the
> mv_order_profile which is credit_card.

Perhaps there's a problem with the contents of the result hash,
returned by your module.  Have you tried adding "::logDebug()"
code to see what's going on in there?  Debug messages will help
determine whether its a module problem or simply a setup issue.

You could also try using the "TestPayment" module instead, to see
if that gives you the same sort of problem.

If you'd like to post your module to me, I'll take a look at it
for you.  If you post it here then many more people could look at
it too.