[ic] Settling AuthorizeNet (old Mike Heins post)

Aaron Hazelton interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Dec 5 16:52:00 2002

On Wed Oct 16 17:05:01 2002  Mike Heins wrote:

[snip]

Is anyone actually using the "settle" type? I hesitate to remap it,
but I am doing an improved order_status.html page which will optionally
capture transactions previously done with AUTH_ONLY. I would like it
to be payment-gateway independent, and cannot use "PRIOR_AUTH_CAPTURE"
as the mode for that reason. My only other alternative is to create yet
another mode, i.e. "settle_prior", and then update all payment modules
to accept that (and map it to their own probably-properly-mapped settle
mode).

[/snip]

I came across this post that was from a couple of months ago
and was surprised no one replied to it.

I am just now setting up AuthorizeNet for the first time, so I am
not really sure of what I am doing.  However, I WAS planning
on using this very feature, that is, performing an AUTH_ONLY
immediately upon the entry of an order, and then in the UI having
some sort of link, button, or tied in with the status, performing the
capture when the order is ready to be shipped.

I don't know about everyone else, but I for one would love for
some more work to be done in this area, since my experience in
this matter is quite limited.

This is a definite go for me, so Mike, if need be, contact me about
even consulting with you to get this completed then it can get
implemented for everyone.

   Sincerely,
Aaron Hazelton