[ic] restarting cart problem

Arts n Ink interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Dec 6 19:26:00 2002

My hosting company has upgraded to a newer version of the IC cart.
Frequently in the past, I would have to have them reset and/or restart
my cart.  This has now happened again, however, when I restore my files
to my cpanel, although the correct information appears in my ftp files,
the admin tool of the IC cart is not showing the proper information.
The cart is showing the basic foundation store.  I am very frustrated
because my "store" has now been closed for 2 business days trying to
have my hosting company "fix" it.  My hosting company keeps mentioning
another cart, Agora, and is trying to encourage me to use that one.
However, I have spent a lot of time and energy creating my store in the
IC cart -- which I love when working properly.  I apologize for my
sarcasim, but I am interested to know if others experience often the
cart needing to be reset or restarted by their hosting companies.
Also, what causes such an event?  Is there a way that I can make this
cart work myself, and is there a way to get the admin tool to recognize
my files from my cpanel?

Terry
artsnink@artsnink.com