[ic] area.txt sort not working in scan results???

J P interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sat Dec 7 23:08:00 2002

I'm trying to sort results in the scan area for
searching for products and the sort function that is
in area.txt and products.txt doesn't seem to apply to
this.  It works properly using the category_vertical
component, and I have tested that to make sure but
when I use a link like this -
scan/sf=category/se=searchphrase/tf=prod_group,category
- it simply gets sorted in alpha order.

Is there a way to either modify the link so it sorts
in the order used in area.txt sort field or is this is
a bug in the system (and if so does someone please
have a fix for that)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

JP