[ic] Encrypt not working... any suggestions?

jeff obranovich interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sun Dec 8 09:59:01 2002

Did you make the key using Cpanel?  If so, I suspect you made another
mistake that I also made.  One of the best pieces of information that I
got from the group about PGP and IC was the fact that the key must
reside in the same directory as IC and be imported into your user
keyring on the IC server.  In my case, both required root access.

What I had to do was this:
	Open the PGP keys panel in Cpanel
	Go to -edit- (my public key)
	Copy and Paste the key into a text file i.e. pubkey.asc
	E-mail the file as and attachment to my hosting company
	Wait for them to notify me that the key had been imported
	(note:  You will also have to import your private key via a text 	file
on your local machine in order to decrypt the message.)

Also, make sure you remove the _PGP_variable and the EncryptionProgram
references in your catalog.cfg

I had a helluva time getting PGP setup, I hope this helps you.

Regards,
Jeff

FYI, my hosting company is running IC 4.9.3