[ic] [more] pages and Explorer - BUG???

Philip Alves interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sun Dec 8 10:50:00 2002

Hello all.

I'm running IC 4.8.6 on RH 7.0, and the Foundation Demo as the base for my
site.

I have set up plus/minus buttons for item quantity because very few items
are sold in single units.  I've done this with a little bit of Javascript,
and all seems fine across the board in Netscape, but in Explorer, it only
works on the first page of returned results.

An example of what I've done is here:
http://www.encoresales.com/cgi-bin/can_r/scan/st=db/co=yes/sf=category/se=BA
BY%27S%20CHOICE/tf=sku/ml=25/va=banner_image=/va=banner_text=Baby%27s%20Choi
ce.html

If using Explorer, you'll notice that using the plus button to add the
items, and hitting "BUY NOW" works just fine on the first page, but going to
any other Match page and trying the same thing will add only 1.  Also, if
the quantity shown is 0, and you hit "BUY NOW", 1 gets added anyway.

For whatever reason, this happens only in Explorer, and only on the [more]
pages.  Has anybody come across this frustratingly strange behaviour in the
past?

By the way, my version of Explorer is 6.0.2800.1106 and nothing shows up in
the error log.

Any help is much appreciated.  This is one of those "mission critical" sort
of problems.  And more altruistically, this may be a bug that should be
addressed in IC.

Thanks!

Phil