[ic] restarting cart problem

Onegig interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sun Dec 8 19:43:00 2002

>     Can someone either provide links or briefly articulate what the
> myriad of serious problems with
> using CPanel's Interchange iplementation are.  Plus what exactly is
> meant by CPanel's Interchange iplementation.
> I'm not trying to be picky I'm just trying to understand what I'm
facing
> and decide
> if it is worth the effort or not.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Jon

My own experience was this,

	Spent countless hours making the thing fit my use. Pages, items,
etc.
	Actually started to like what I had even,  Then trouble.

	cPanel apparently upgraded from version 4.8 to 4.9

	I lost most of my work, I managed to recover most of it, however
I 	lost the ability to "add items" via the interface and had to do
it 	directly to database, my best guess was some kind of a problem
with 	the db tables. Only fix I was able to come up with by myself
	was to dump the cart and start over.

	This arbitrary upgrade was unannounced by cPanel. Just what a
retail
	Store front would need huh? Surprise we killed your store for
you.
	And of course cPanel will not give any support for this either.

	Signed on to this newsgroup and searched for hours to find a fix

	/No good there

	Posted request for help,
	No good there, except for some $60 per hour offers

	Considering the steep learning curve, the lack of actual
documentation, and the complexity of the cart, though it comes with
very 	robust functionality.
	I would not recommend migrating to this cart without some
professional 	help. They all need $60 per hour to help with this thing
so if you 	business relies on your cart, stick with MIVA or some
other cart that
	Has actual user help. They may not be as fancy or do as much,
but they	have established payment gateways and tons of help
easily available.

I would say if you are very good at scripting and HTML, don't mind
surprises here and there, go for it.